Wednesday 16 September 2015

Easy Cooking Talk - Yamie Ready-to-Cook Premix Rice

As much as I love to meal-prep, sometimes it can be a real chore to wake up earlier just to meal-prep since I do not like to prep my meals the night before if given the choice. I prefer my meals as fresh and warm as possible so I always make the effort to wake up earlier to prep my meals on days I don’t have early morning sessions.

Being a true Indonesian I can really survive just eating rice for every main meal (HAHA). Even though I try not to anymore, especially after 8pm everyday, one of the main source of carbohydrates that I find super difficult to resist is RICE, even more difficult would be FLAVORED RICE! :P

Yamie Rice & Gan Hup Lee

A product of homegrown integrated rice company, Gan Hup Lee (1999) Pte Ltd, Yamie Ready-to-Cook Premix Rice consists of Thai Jasmine rice blended with many flavorful ingredients to give it an authentic taste. Preparation is hassle free – simply add water, cook and serve. What’s more, the product range features wholesome ingredients and enhanced taste, turning a good meal into a great meal.

The awesome folks at Gan Hup Lee sent us a couple of Yamie Rice Ready-to-Cook Premix Rice and I could not wait to try cooking them! Yamie Rice comes in 7 truly delectable flavors: Claypot Rice, Chicken Rice, Yam Rice, Nasi Bryani, Sambal Rice, Black Pepper Rice and Chicken Flavoured Porridge.
Photo credit: Misstamchiak
Each box comes with a packet of rice and flavored ingredients depending on the different flavors. The Claypot rice flavor consists of some dried mushrooms in a smaller packet for enhanced flavor.

I will usually add some chicken breast in for more protein content.

So basically, all you need is 3 simple steps!

Truly suited to Singaporean’s taste buds, Yamie Ready-to-Cook Premix Rice is Halal certified and NO Preservatives 
NO added MSG 
NO Artificial Colourings 
NO Trans fat!

This was the outcome of my version of the Yamie Rice Ready-to-Cook Premix Rice with added marinated chicken breast meat! I added spring onions and chilli padi for more flavor and J loves it so much too! :D

Yamie Rice Ready-to-Cook Premix Rice can be found at major supermarkets like Fairprice Xtra, Fairprice Finest, selected Fairprice supermarkets, Giant Hypermarts and selected Sheng Siong supermarkets and feel free to visit www.yamierice.com or www.facebook.com/yamierice to get more ideas/receipes!

Yamie Rice Cook off!

Together with Maureen (Misstamchiak), Pheobe (Thefoodchapter) and Kelvin (Cheekiemonkies), I was invited to my first-ever Cook off!

We were asked to pick a mystery box, each containing a different flavor and it happened to be the first flavor that I tried cooking at home and also J’s favourite! CLAYPOT RICE! It was really awkward for me to speak in front of the camera but thank God for Maureen who was such a natural! Here are some of the behind-the-scenes photos from the cookoff which we had so much fun with! :D

Prepping my chicken breast meat
Posing while waiting for my final product!
And tadah, my claypot chicken rice is ready!
This the part that got me most awkward! :P
And finally, the Yamie Rice Cook off video!

Yamie Rice is having a Facebook contest that you should participate! Instructions are very simple and as follows:

My Favourite Blogger Cook Off Recipe Voting Contest

• Simply fill in your personal details here (https://goo.gl/4Q4cl0), vote for your favorite blogger cook off recipe and submit your entry latest by 15 October 2015 @ 12pm.
• Lucky winners will be drawn from the pool of the voters of the blogger cook off recipe with the highest votes.
• Total 10 winners will walk away with $30.00 Hans cafe dining voucher.
• Winners list will be announced on 16 October 2015 at Yamie Rice Facebook Page. Follow us to get the latest updates of promotion & Facebook campaign.
• Winners will be contacted via phone call and cafe dining voucher will be mailed out to the winners. • Lucky draw result is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
• Prizes are not transferable or exchange for cash.
Yamie reserve the right to amend and add in any terms and conditions without prior notice.

Good luck and have fun cooking! :P


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment