Saturday 21 January 2017

Beauty Talk – The Urban Clinic

I have been blessed with relatively good skin, I must say. At least from the outside, there isn’t much to complain about my skin. However, if you look closely at my skin, I have very sensitive skin and my skin is really thin. Therefore, there is a limit to the amount and type of treatment I can put my skin through. As I have mentioned before about how my skin gets into breakouts and hives during specific treatments, this is usually a main concern for me.

I was invited to The Urban Clinic for a consultation with Dr Yanni Xu at the end of October last year and she very patiently listened to all my concerns about my skin. As compared to Jason’s skin, my skin is on the dry side and highly sensitive so it shows very much when I get a blood rush after a long day of work, or post workout.

The Urban Clinic


TUC is located at Raffles City Shopping Centre, just outside the clinic is the taxi stand. Jason and I love how the clinic doesn’t feel and look like a clinic with its modern and edgy interior.



Super cool entrance and always greeted by the friendly staff.



This is one of my favorite area because it’s almost like I’m preparing to go on a Moulin Rouge stage, HAHA. This is where the assistant will remove my sunscreen before taking 3D photos for the consultation.

Dr Yanni Xu


This gorgeous lady is Dr Yanni Xu and aside from her qualifications and awards lays lies a doctor who is passionate and down to earth. She is patient and sincere, almost like a sister that I never had. Most of all, she has flawless skin, which I thought was an important asset as a role model to her patients. I was really inspired to achieve the same flawless skin that I always thought I’d never achieve.

Before every scheduled consultation with Dr Yanni, her assistants will use a super cool 3D camera to document and analyse my face. During the first consultation, Dr Yanni Xu prescribed a fully-customised set of treatments to target the specific problem areas, which for me were was the bumps on my forehead.


Well, the above photo (taken in mid Oct last year) was already a filtered image so you can only imagine how bad it looks in person. I cannot recall since when, but the bumps had been bothering me for a very long time. The redness made the bumps look worse post workout or at the end of the day after work.

Excel V Laser

Among other treatments that was prescribed to me by Dr Yanni Xu, which includes Lasemd (you can check out Jason’s blog entry for more info), Excel V is my favorite!


TUC is one of 10 clinics in South East Asia to have the Excel V laser. This superior USA technology is the newest and best for treating “red” skin conditions such as acne and rosacea, which is perfect for me since my skin gets red easily.

The coolview handpiece handpience on Excel V is a green laser and improves by closing the abnormal blood vessels that cause redness, inflammation and flushing. Laser genesis is another function of the Excel V laser that stimulates collagen whilst gently removing pigmentation and redness from skin. This mild laser in combination with patented “Ara peel”’ technology produces immediate radiance and anti-aging of skin. Over 2 treatments, my skin tone looks more radiant, glows and most importantly, the redness and bumps on my forehead has lessened sooo much!


Me looking mighty happy after Excel V laser because there is very very minimal downtime. There is no numb cream needed, very minimal discomfort and laser only takes around 15 – 20 minutes!

I have gotten many comments saying that my skin looks more glowy and radiant now and here’s a last photo to share my progress!


Left photo was taken after a workout, photo on the right was taken after a full day of work and workout in the midday (with face washed once post workout). This is what I meant by the redness post workout and after a long day. However, there is only redness on my cheeks in the photo on the right, very minimal on my forehead now! The bumps are also a lot less visible which is very very ideal! :P Coupled with the basic products from TUC, I’m very pleased with the results as of now and will continue to go for treatments with Dr Yanni too!

TUC also provides other treatments and you can find out more over at the website.


252, North Bridge Road
#01-15
Raffles City Mall
Singapore 179103
(next to the taxi stand facing Chijmes)

Phone: +65 62540407, +65 62540419



post signature

1 comment: