Thursday 5 September 2013

Health & Nutrition - Overnight Oats

This was my first jar of overnight oats, and I started packing overnight oats every night following that night, which made me love oats so much more than usual because it is DUPER YUMMY! I'll share more recipes along the way but would like to share my first experience.

The ingredients can be as simple as just oats and banana, or it can be as elaborated as what I did (was trying to be adventurous. HEH.

What I used:
- A jar (I reused the YUMMI honey jar and portion is huge, for 2-3 separate meals)
- 1.5 tblspoon of Hershey's cocoa powder
- 100ml of milk
- 1 tblspoon of greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop (approx. 1.3 cup) rolled oats (uncooked and DO NOT use the instant oats) 
- 2 medium strawberries
- Chia seeds (I would not miss this if I'm at my own home)

1. Prepare a bowl and mix the cocoa powder with milk and greek yogurt. Stir till mixture is almost fully blended and dissolved.

2. Pour about half of the mixture into the empty jar and then top it up with the rolled oats.

3. Now the fruits, cut the banana and strawberries into slices and put the banana slices in first, followed by the strawberries.

4. Last step, pour the remaining cocoa mixture in and cover the jar. Put it in the fridge for AT LEAST 4 hours, if not, overnight (as the name says).

Take the jar out in the morning and you are ready to eat it! I put in another mixture of chocolate protein and water in the morning too. That's your choice. I hope I managed to show how easy it is to make this. It tastes yummy and I usually bring it out in the morning and will keep it in a thermal bag and will be able to last more than 3 hours out of the fridge. Try to keep it as refrigerated if you can though, especially if you like it really really cold!

Go ahead and try it out, post your photos and tag me @limaranagustina!! Have fun! Stay tuned, because I'll be writing about women and bodybuilding next! Meanwhile, enjoy the photos from 'The Piano Guys' concert I went with Jess (@jesslinet). Thanks once again for the tickets babe! Totally enjoyed it, these super talented guys!
Audience of almost 45,000. SO AWESOME!

Have a great weekend everyone, be safe and keep fit! Till the nexttt! :)

1 comment:

  1. It is just a huge joy chalk talk your style. It is voluminous associated with info My business is searching for in addition My partner and i darling to publish some sort of deposit that will "The stipulation of your respective broadcast is usually awesome" Well-known embellish! fatty liver supplement

    ReplyDelete