Wednesday 27 November 2013

Health & Food - Apple Crumble Pie (Not)

Here goes the recipe of the Apple Crumble Pie that I made last Saturday evening. I got the recipe of Jamie Oliver's website (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/apple-crumble) but I tweaked the recipe to make my apple crumble into a pie, which failed terribly even though the taste is still yummy! If you think this is super healthy, then I suggest you don't try my recipe because it's not super healthy (LOL), it contains unsalted butter and fine brown sugar!

Apple Crumble Pie (Not)

For the crumble (I made 4 servings of the crumble to complement the 4 apples used)
35g rolled oats
35g all-purpose flour
20g fine brown sugar
25g unsalted butter
2 cubes of Laughing cow low-fat cheese

For the filling
4 apples cored and chopped (I used medium-sized, quite similar to fuji but cheaper)
25g fine brown sugar
1 tablespoon water

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 175deg.
2. Prepare the apples first, cut and chop the apples into thin slices.
3. Put all the apples in a pan and put sugar and water. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Mix flour, oats, sugar, butter and cheese into a bowl and mix them either with your hands or a whisk. Make sure you mix until the mixture turns crumble-like.
5. In an oven dish (I used a glass one), spread half of the crumble mixture until you have covered every spot on the dish. Lay the cooked apples for the second layer, after which put the remaining crumble mixture and try to cover the apples completely.
6. Put the dish into the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until you see that the crumble turns golden/brown.

**Note that this is not a real pie so you won't be able to cut a slice nicely, this will be rather messy to eat. I'll be attempting the real pie versions for my Christmas potluck parties and will update the recipe again I promise! 
Before it went into the oven

TADAH! My apple crumble
Do give this recipe a shot if you like and let me know how I can improve on this! I realized I did not cook the apples long enough but loved them crunchy because of that.

Updates on what I've been up to!
Always remember to stretch after warmup and after workout ALL the time! This is one of my favorite stretches!
I have been increasing my caloric intake and watching my body getting rounder is not exactly the most wonderful feeling (LOL). Muscles are fuller though, hoping to see some interesting changes slowly in the next weeks!
Outfit of last Sunday for Day of Recollection in Church

Today in full Lovebonito, love the Thalassa top (though I had to purchase size M) and the Maven midi which I got from the restock special! So flattering!
Love, Bonito has launched some of the new pieces from the collaboration with Julien Fournie so do check it out! I love the  Opera Skirt!
It's Friday tomorrow so hang in there everyone! Till the next!

1 comment:

  1. It was true, Mr. Durham admitted to himself. Carl could barely make it to work on time as things were already, and there were other areas, too, where the man's job performance had begun to decline. Sometimes, it seemed like Carl just didn't care about his career anymore. checkers keto

    ReplyDelete