Wednesday 16 April 2014

Health & Fitness - Women don't get bulky easily

Unfortunately, yet expectedly, I still get a lot of questions when ladies tell me they are afraid to do weight training for the fear of gaining bulky muscles. So after some thought, I decided to put in my photos through the years to prove the fact that 'Women don't get bulky easily!'. Bear with me as I found some really hideous photos while browsing. LOL

Starting from 2008, when I was working part-time in RB (Redbull) as a Wiiings team member (later promoted to Wiiings team leader in 2009). Believe it or not, I was one of the person my girls would contact first when there is a party, or going to have a party. Late nights and alcohol were my good (I won't say best) friends.
2008 - When I first joined RB and Alaina (our BOSS then) left shortly after. I hate those arms with fats protruding at the side. And I still had braces on!
2009 - RB Yacht party. Super skinny-fat, unhealthy eating, alcohol, everything bad.
2009 August - Those ugly-looking arms and bad standing posture with skinny fats. YUCKS!
2010 - skinny, stick-skinny.
2010 - During a friend's hen's night. One of my many skinniest moments.
2010 - Jason used to say my shoulders were so narrow they make my head look oversized. Now when I look back, I know why.
2010 - Okay it was a company dinner and dance and I badly wanted to win dressed up as Lady Gaga. Don't know what got into my head. 
2010 May - Nothing on my back. No muscle. NOTHING, just bones.
2011 January (Sabah) - I started working out like once a week/fortnight. Horrible!
2011 - Another hen's night, I think I was putting on weight then and working out slightly more, about once a week diligently? hurhur.

2012 - THIS time, I was really working out and starting to watch my diet.
2012 - Fast-tracked to MY hen's night. The last time I really drank but prior to this, I have already stopped for awhile (maybe 1 year?). 
2013 - Aside from the other photos some of you have seen, this was after our wedding, after I started blogging.
2013 - When Jason started IG and we were massively posting fitness stuff.
2014 - VOTE FOR ME! http://www.stuff.tv/sg/covergirlsearch/#vote
Okay.. so bottom-line is that I did not get bulky at all. Till date, I have been doing this working-out-5-6-times-a-week for a year, and only good things happened. My hip size went down by a size, shoulders increased a size (maybe slightly more since some size S-es feel tighter, and one particular got stuck and I needed help removing), right now, my body looks more proportionate, no more big head, small shoulders, pear-shaped bottom. ALL THANKS to lifting weights and working out 5-6 times a week and having a well-balanced diet! :)

So everyone, for those who doesn't know, I'M DYING TO BE PUT ON THE COVER OF STUFF MAGAZINE AUGUST ISSUE! So help me by voting for me!

Here are the simple steps:

1. Click here: http://www.stuff.tv/sg/covergirlsearch/#vote


2. Click on the drop-down and look for my name.

3. Type your name and email (multiple emails if you have), and check on the t&c box. Click 'Submit'! Tadah! That simple!

You may click on my profile here (http://www.stuff.tv/sg/covergirlsearch/#show/5) to read my other blog posts on stuff.tv too! :)

Thank you everyone and I'll be back again real soon! PROMISE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment