Monday 27 April 2015

Inspirational Talk – My Beautiful Hero-ine, my Wonder-Mummy

For the Heroes in our Lives 


Even before I was born into the world, mummy had a hard time delivering me. I was then only about 42-43 weeks old but was already too comfortable to get out of mummy’s tummy, causing her much discomfort. She has never gave up on me since that very moment when she risked her life to bring me into this world. Ironically, I was born on 9th August and am proud to be part of Singapore today.

My elder brother was 5 and I was 3 when my dad passed away due to a severe cold virus. We had to sell our business and move to Singapore. Only at the age of 25, mummy was suffering from a broken heart but with us in mind, she strived to live on and brought us up singlehandedly.

Mummy gave up her youth for us. She never left our sides as we grew up and never ever said no to any of my requests, no matter how ridiculous they sounded. We struggled much with the language when we first came to Singapore, not knowing how to speak any other language other than Bahasa Indonesia. Till date, I have never had any problem blending into the Singaporean culture because mummy never gave up. She was always both the strict father and loving mother that every child needs and we had nothing short of a complete family.


Even after getting married to the most important man in my life, I never fail to give constant thanks to mummy who is always there quietly, supporting us in everything we do. She still loses sleep and gets worried about us when we fall sick or are facing problems in life. Mummy never fails to prepare our favourite food and bakes, making sure we eat and are rested well, and always checking on whether we have arrived at work and home safely.

In everyone’s lives, there is always one or more than one Hero or Heroine who will be there to support us and help us fulfill our dreams. This person inspires us and never gives up on us, and never ever asked for anything in return. I too, have a significant Heroine in my life and as cliché as it sounds, she is my wonder-mummy!

If you would like to contribute by sharing your stories about your own heroes, feel free to do so here: www.thatsmyfairprice.com.sg! FairPrice is providing avenues for Singaporeans to share their stories on the website, outdoor interviews and radio dial-in, and these stories will be showcased on a virtual cake and an actual cake installation!

I would love to read all about your stories so remember to contribute them and I will be checking out the website from time to time! :D

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. Are you ready Halloween in game sims 4 cheats ? Dress your sims up in spooktacular costumer and build the perfedct haunted house with configurable stair.

    ReplyDelete