Wednesday 6 May 2015

Fashion Talk – ZARA with the man

Jason and I were invited to the ZARA store to pick our clothes for each other few weeks ago and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves (at least for me)! We both know what we look good in but at the same time, very willing to try out different styles picked by each other.

We were invited to the Somerset 313 outlet since the one at ION Orchard was under renovation. The expansion of ZARA ION Orchard will be reopening next month and I cannot wait!

The store at Somerset 313 is huge and spacious and shopping (and running around) was a breeze because we don’t really have to worry about walking into people’s paths. The staff were friendly and helpful so we really enjoyed the shopping experience which took us almost 3 hours! :P Okay, Jason started out being very enthusiastic about picking clothes for me, until we were walking up and down the store more than twice. HAHA! Picking clothes for Jason on the other hand, was really easy. I know what he likes and what he will look good in so the process was greatly shortened!


So, these are the outfits J had selected for me and we brought them all to Bali with us. J picked a lot of basic white tops for me because he knows I love the prints and details of the bottoms at ZARA and of course, they have a wide selection of white tops for us to choose from!

Straw Fedora: ZARA 
Tie-front Top: $59.90 
Striped linen Bottom: $59.90 
Chain Sandals: $79.90 

J remembered I always had this straw fedora hat I had gotten from ZARA some time ago and he loved seeing me in any form of head wear so the first outfit he chose was specially to match that straw fedora. He picked a simple white top with tie-front and shorts with some navy (the stripes) to match the navy (belt) on the straw fedora. The chain sandals was love-at-first-sight for me, he had no choice but to pick it! :P

Metal-front Top: $59.90 
Paisley Palazzo pants: $69.90 
White soft Clutch: $45.90 
Leather Sandals: $55.90 

The second outfit was inspired by the Balinese art that we would be expecting to see during our trip to Bali so J picked paisley prints to match with another simple white cap-sleeved top, white clutch and leather sandals to allow the prints on the pants to stand out. So brilliant of J!

Necklace front Top: $59.90 
Striped Palazzo pants with drawstring: $55.90 
Leather shoulder bag: $189.90 

Okay, there were too many instances of love-at-first-sight because this pants was another one and to top it off, it was retailing at a really affordable price of $55.90! So, again J was tasked to pick items to match this striped palazzo pants. He still thought the pants, though striped looked rather plain so he picked a necklace front white top to slightly enhance the overall look and a full leather shoulder bag. I was actually quite surprised at this particular choice because he had always preferred me carrying a clutch than a bag.

Mandarin-collared linen shirt: $109.90 
Denim embroidered shorts: $49.90 

J and his obsessions with dressing me in shirts started way back. But I did not look very good in shirts before I started working out (I used to have very narrow shoulders). I told him I wanted to look less formal in one of the outfits so he picked a subtle denim shorts with embroidered details to allow the shirt to stand out a little more. I really love this outfit because it feels super comfortable!

Drawstring dress: $69.90 
Animal printed leather Sandals: $55.90 

This dress was picked by J after he realized none of the outfits that he had picked was a one-piece. Final choice was this drawstring dress in a perfect shade of blue which left him nodding in satisfaction when I came out of the changing room. He then found another leather sandals with animal prints to match this dress which I thought was a great choice (and affordable at that too)! Thumbs up! :D

J and I have been fans of ZARA and I really like how the quality had improved over the years and prices still made very affordable! We really had an enjoyable time shopping at ZARA Somerset 313 and I absolutely cannot wait for the reopening at ION Orchard tomorrow!

ZARA will be reopening its store at ION Orchard and we would like all of you to join us there tomorrow, 7th May 2015, 10am – 12pm!

We are so looking forward to the expansion and reopening of ZARA at ION Orchard and we hope to see you there too! ☺


For latest fashion inspirations and updates, head over to www.zara.com!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment