What you will need:
- LITTLE bit of olive oil (I estimate. heh)
- 30g of asparagus
- 3 pieces of mini peppers
-100g of lean minced beef
- 1 tablespoon of hot taco sauce
- Garlic salt (can do without)
- All purpose seasoning (can do without)
|Got everything from Cold Storage - Asparagus, lean minced beef, sweet mini peppers, Hot Taco sauce (because I was craving mexican), garlic salt and all purpose seasoning|
So how did I get all the portions as mentioned above?
1. I portioned the beef into 3 segments since the net weight is 312g and expiring 23rd Aug 2013, so I have about 100g of lean minced beef per day for cooking. Then I portioned the sweet mini peppers into 3 days too. As for the asparagus, I divided what I bought into 6 portions of approx. 30g each. Okay, the reason why I have to do all these portioning is to know how much I eat (everything in moderation, no matter how beneficial something is), and it's much easier for me to key into my calorie counter app (My Fitness Pal). This is how it looks like.
2. Next, cut/chop (whatever you call it) the ingredients to as small or as big as you want, making sure you wash them before you starting the cutting/chopping. For those who know me well enough, I HATED eating veg and ermmm, I still am very picky about the types of veg I eat but I usually force them down and have the least favourite food first before the meat. But wait, I love peppers and asparagus now because of their benefits (will go to that later).
3. Heat up a frying pan till it's hot enough. Now, pour about a tablespoon of olive oil into a frying pan and spread the oil. Once the oil is hot, put in the minced beef and fry till about half-cooked. Put in your favourite seasoning (doesn't have to be taco) and then the peppers. The reason why I put in the peppers earlier is because I like to eat the peppers softer and I want my beef to absorb the fragrance from the peppers. Fry until the beef is fully cooked or when the peppers are soft.
4. Last step, take out the cooked beef and peppers and serve them on a plate, then put the asparagus in and fry till brown (you can choose to take them out earlier) or when they are soft.
TADAH! Easy peasy right? I used less than 15 minutes to prepare this fuss-free meal and gobbled everything up in 5 minutes. Tastes yummy and looks so colourful! Go ahead and try on your own, get your favourite seasoning, or do without.
Let me share with you why I chose peppers and asparagus (besides the fact that I am picky with veg so I chose only the ones I like).
- is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium (a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells)
- prevents cancer - a particularly rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals
- is filled with antioxidants!
- helps in water retention - contains high levels of the amino acid asparagine, which serves as a natural diuretic, and increased urination not only releases fluid but helps rid the body of excess salts
- is an anti-aging property!!
- is high in vitamin A, B-complex and C
- is filled with iron, copper, zinc, potassium, manganese, magnesium, and selenium. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Selenium is an anti-oxidant micro-mineral that acts as a co-factor for enzyme, superoxide dismutase
Here's also what I have been up to in pictures, just in case you have not been following me on IG. Follow me on twitter and IG if you have not, @limaranagustina, I update regularly! :)
|MIL cooked yummy and healthy food, loads to learn from! A portion of everything good, not too much, not too little. :)|
|I put chia seeds in my water to drink everyday and I try to drink at least 2 bottles of this 1.5litres (SO difficult I swear, keep hydrating your body because the more you drink, the more you drain!)|
|One of my morning feeds|
|Bendover row on Tuesday - new PR yippeee!|
|One of my evening (fasting hours) feeds|
|This morning's smoothie which tasted SOOOOO heavenly|
|Week 1 - abs are flatter but still gathering fats, keep getting at it!!|
|Today - still trying to get this 145lbs deadlift right and good, with an aggravated ankle (URGH!)|
TGIF tomorrow so enjoy the weekend after! I hope you like my recipe and do follow me on IG if you haven't, for LIVE updates (if you are not afraid of the spamming). HURHUR. Hydrate and eat well everyone! :)