Sunday 4 August 2013

Life & Love - My fruitful weekend

I hope you guys have had a great weekend because mine could not have been any better! The weekend officially started on Friday, which was dinner with the happy ladies, so we called ourselves, in an attempt to cheer everyone up during a rather difficult period 2 years ago (or 3?). We had dinner at Shirokane Tori-Tama and I thought they serve very good yakitori, though prices are a little steep (Sorry I did not take photos because we were too preoccupied chatting away and gobbling food down our throats, we are such hungry monsters). Celebrated Yannie's and my birthday together, like every year and Aimin bought this super yummy cake from Flor (Yes, I do eat cakes!).


My saturday started early with a quick 30-minutes on the step machine before going ahead to meet my loves of 11 years. We had brunch at Cafe Melba, our favourite hangout for now. We had a VIP that day, who is turning ONE next week! Houston is the first baby in our group and he's growing up tooooo fast! So much love for this cheeky little boy!
After a fulfilling brunch with the ladies, we had plans to do something out of the ordinary and so the 4 of us decided to take a quadcycle at ECP, without much expectations, only to find out that our quads were all burning after an hour of cycling (considering the total amount of body weight inclusive of the weight of the quadcycle that we had to carry). We stopped by at a fitness corner and did a quick wod (for those who do not know, wod = Workout Of the Day), which was when I got bruised trying to perform some stunts. Jason and I were inspired by a photo we saw on IG and decided to attempt some acrobatic moves (HURHUR). It was a fun-filled, though tiring day.


In case you are wondering how a quadcycle looks like. HAHA we definitely had fun!
Sunday was much simpler, church at noon followed by our metcon session after a short nap. Nic and Ashley joined us today and I think we killed the workout (LOL). I'm sure we had fun! We did 2 sets of 3 rounds each:

First set (for the ladies):
20 box jumps
20 bodyweight shoulder presses
10 hanging knee raises
20 single-arm db snatches
20 Inclined flex arm hang

First set (for the guys):
20 box jumps
20 bodyweight shoulder presses
10 toe-to-bar
20 single-arm db snatches
20 pushups
10 pullups
20 handstand pushups

Second set (improvised Naughty Nancy for both ladies & guys):
Sprint (not sure about the distance)
10 thrusters
25 vertical crunches




Us, after "killing the workout"!
We try to keep our rest days as fulfilling with workouts that are out of the ordinary, out of the gym so the body gets different variations of training. You can try to infuse this into your workout routine too, for more excitement and fun!

This coming week will be my birthday week and I'm expecting a lot of feasting and cakes, which I AM SO GOING TO STAY  STRONG! I will be working out doubly hard and will be gradually attempting a new diet recommended by Edric, who has been on the diet for 4 weeks. I will be writing about his diet and how it works, as well as sharing his current progress so stay tuned!

Time to crash so good night y'all! Have a productive week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment