Monday 26 August 2013

Health & Nutrition - Taco-tomato beef minced

I would love to take this opportunity to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone for your support, I am extremely honoured to be an inspiration and I will try my best to share as much as I can too. These comments always make my day and keep me motivated, thank you guys!






As mentioned last week, I have one last recipe from the ingredients that I had bought to share. I would like to make the point across that eating-as-clean-as-you-can and calorie-counting do not mean that your food cannot be yummy and delicious. What you can do to make your food "cleaner" is to add or prepare your seasoning (which I will be attempting soon), use no salt no sugar, and little oil. Healthy/clean food, to me, is a form of indulgence too.

Have fun with your cooking and do share with me your favourite recipes! 

Here's how I prepared my Taco-tomato beef minced. 

Ingredients used:
Always note that everything must be consumed in moderation, no matter how nutritious that food is!
- Olive oil (as usual)
- 3 mini peppers
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- 100g of lean minced beef
- 60g of asparagus
- 3 fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon of homemade ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon of homemade ground onions

1. Chop the ingredients to your desired sizes - this time round I chopped the asparagus too, leaving the tips as they are.
2. Instead of cooking the beef first, I added the chopped tomatoes first and pan-fried them with the garlic and onions - I wanted the tomatoes to soften and become gravy-like. Then, I added the peppers for the same reason.
3. I added the mushrooms after.
4. Only after all the ingredients are slightly soft, I added the beef in to slowly let the flavour seep into the meat as they get cooked - not sure if this is the best way to let the beef absorb the flavours from the tomatoes and peppers though.
5. The only ingredient I like slightly crunchier, I added the asparagus last.
6. VOILA! Here you go, craving satisfied with the tomato-gravy and I cleared all the ingredients I bought.
Hope you guys like this version too. I welcome feedback so do leave a comment or email me if you wanna share anything. I'm in the midst of preparing my next post on body fat percentage and how weight is not the best indication of your fitness level. Do stay tuned!

Here's what I had been up to:
Never seen myself having so many veins
Under good lighting
Had fun taking photos of my ootd which happens every sunday :)

This smoothie is a mixture of 2 strawberries, 1 kiwi and a banana, very very yummy!
What I had last evening
In case you are not following me on IG, this was part of my legs workout yesterday
Do follow me on IG if you haven't okay? @limaranagustina

Have a great week ahead everyone! Remember to stay tuned for the next post! :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment